Userlytics offers a DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Quantitative Testing service upon request, providing you with the flexibility to create and manage your own quantitative studies. In this post, we’ll take you through some key features and characteristics of this service.
Here’s how you can set it up.
Create a New Study
Upon logging in to your Userlytics account, you will see the client dashboard. On the top right-hand side of the screen, select the option “Create Study.”
Select “Quantitative Testing” as your study type
Upon clicking “Create New Study,” You will immediately be prompted to select the type of study you want to create. Choose the option that says “Quantitative Testing.”
Select the “Multi-Device” option under participant device
With Userlytics, a single Quantitative test can be completed by participants from desktops, laptops, mobile phones, or tablets, instead of just one type of device per test, creating a more simple and seamless remote testing experience.
When you are ready, go to the second section of the study builder under the menu item titled “Participants.”
On this page, there will be an option to designate your participant’s device. To allow your study participants to complete your study on desktops, smartphones, and/or tablets, select the option that says “Multi-Device.”
You will then have the possibility to select either the BYOU (Bring Your Own Participants) or the Userlytics Worldwide Panel of over 2 million respondents options for recruiting participants. Pick the one that fits your needs.
Select up to 5 Screener Questions, as recommended
To further guarantee that your participants precisely match your target demographic, our advanced study builder offers the capability to include screeners at the outset of your study. These screeners are entirely customizable and allow you to pose highly specific questions to participants, determining whether they should be included or excluded from your study.
Define your test activities
The last step before launching your UX Quant test is designing activities and questions for your participants. Thoughtfully selecting activities that align with your desired insights is crucial for the success of the study.
In this menu, you can choose from a list of different quantitative style activities to ask your participants. You can even use our “Saved Activities” feature if you’d like to reuse a question or task again in a future study.
For even faster study building, take advantage of our “Popular Activities” tool, which provides templates for a variety of popular questions or tasks that you can customize for your study needs.
Once this step is done, your study is ready to be launched!
What are the benefits of multi-device quantitative testing?
These are some of the key features and characteristics of our Quantitative study service and how you can set one up. There are several benefits to multi-device quantitative testing:
- Because a single Quantitative test can be completed by participants from desktops, laptops, mobile phones or tablets, instead of just one type of device per test, study results can be acquired more quickly, leading to more quality UX insights.
- Participants are no longer required to download our mobile app in order to run a quantitative usability study on a mobile device, creating a faster and simpler onboarding experience.
- Multi-device quantitative testing makes it even smoother to add our Live Intercept to your website and leverage your BYOU credits, pulling your website visitors straight into a survey hosted via Userlytics, regardless of the device from which they’re browsing your site. The onboarding process is a single click from intercept to survey!
Are there other aspects to take into account?
While the previously mentioned details primarily pertain to the setup phase, there are additional factors to consider when configuring your quantitative survey. These include the following:
- As a best practice, we recommend that you run your survey for at least 15 minutes (the algorithm will calculate length of survey automatically based on the number of activities assigned to your study) and ask at least 3-4 screener questions.
- Participants are generally admitted on a “best effort” basis in our panel
- You can run up to 10 concurrent surveys/Quant studies at any single time
- You must not exceed the limit of 500 Quant Sessions at any single time
- You can have up to 2,000 quant sessions (approved results) per month
- About our incidence rate:
- In the USA, Canada, UK, Brazil and India,an incidence rate of 5% for B2C “Broad Based” profiles is allowed for recruitment purposes.
- For Australia, Mexico, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and South Africa, we can recruit participants with an incidence rate above 20%
- For B2B profiles, you can recruit participants with an incidence rate of 20% in the USA, Canada, UK and India
Do you want to learn more about Userlytics’ Quant capabilities?
If you want to know more about the different ways in which you can get measurable and actionable quantitative UX insights from your study participants, check out this One-Pager about our Quant capabilities that include Surveys, Card Sorts, Tree Tests, and more.
If you would like to talk directly with our support team and get a first-hand view on what Userlytics’ Quant capabilities can do for you, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.